Sunday, July 5, 2009

珍重再见我的 Dell Inspiron 6000


25th May 2005 我们第一次相会
连当年用来拍这张照片的Nikon 4300相机都坏了。

If money is not in the consideration, I would definitely get a laptop. Mac maybe. Just started working. 2 weeks of salary auto credit to my bank account. Not even exceeding 900.

Barely enough to replace the hard disk of the old desktop pc at home. Or just use the current external hard disk, but it would takes a lot of data removal.

Take out 2k+ to buy a desktop pc? Don't feel like spending with just 900 in my earning records so far.. =.= And 2k is the same as my monthly salary. Not really wise to use up all of the salary...

Why am I ranting? Well, my bro and sis need computer for study. And my 4 years old laptop seems to be the victim. Need to give this to my brother. It is bought by my parents. Don't have any stand on this. Time I used to set up my OS environment is nothing.

Either start from scratch or clone the whole thing, which is a hassle. Anyhow, I am migrating my soul from 1.6Ghz, 1.24GB RAM laptop into a 800Mhz desktop pc... duh.


Gift from relatives who went to Australia. Now my laptop has someone to hug him 24/7.

I'm used to using others pc, at university's lab, or during work. But still, go home and caress my beloved dell inspiron 6000 laptop is one of my main source of entertainment. No matter what pc I used at outside, only would feel at home using the laptop with the windows customized to my heart. Everything is so 理所当然.


历尽沧桑,非但不能安享晚年,还要披甲上阵。在弟弟的淫威下,安有全尸呼?

It has died once. And I replaced its hard disk. (23rd October 2007).
Open and clean the laptop fan. (8th August 2008).
Replace one of the RAM module to 1GB (9th August 2008).
Installed Vista and Ubuntu linux. But end up with Windows XP Pro anyway.

This could be the last or second last day to blog using this laptop.. Sob sob..

I guess nothing last forever and I suppose to expect the separation with my laptop eh? LCD monitor costs 300-400.. Hmm.. Still a lot of uncertainties in my future to invest on a desktop PC.


岁月的痕迹

I guess I'll just stick to the ubuntu box for the moment? Firefox and eclipse run fine actually.. And most of my thing is on the 'cloud', gmail,blogger, google docs, reader, twitter.

ok, let just try disk cloning..

p/s: thanks to blogging and flickr. Everything is recorded. =)
pps: 你要撑着。等我有钱了就帮你赎身..