Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Snorkeling

I would say snorkeling is one of the "must-do" before you die.

Swim around the fishes. Initially it was a suffering. Feel like drowning and out of breath. We were left struggle on the deep sea. I thought I am the only one who is having problem. Go up the boat and realize that quite a number of people have vomit and feel nausea. Uh huh...

Tips:
1. The eye mask must be very tight. Yea, uncomfortable, but worth it!
2. Short-sighted people can rent power mask. The eye mask with power correction glasses. But for me it doesn't help much. The fishes are close enough for one to observe. The frame would be blur after sometime anyway.
3. Bite and breath through the snorkel with your mouth. Especially before jumping into the sea and when the wave is strong. It helps a lot.

Straighten my body. Look up and forward. Unknown human spotted. (No wear glasses)
"Who are you?"
He take off the snorkel from his mouth, "I'm from other boat."
"Ooh.."
Swt... =.="



Didn't get to see the shark and turtle. But it's fun anyway. Especially at the marine park. All the fishes swim around my body. Some even stop and look at me.

"What is this human doing here wearing such an ugly mask." haha..

Connection to the outside world is cut. Only look through the eye mask and listen to my heavy breathing sound. Super nice sound effect only found at certain horror FPS game. Wakaka..

Enjoy it very much at the second day after getting used to the equipments. Feel like I'm born for living in the ocean. The eye mask is very tight and start to feel pain around my ears. Loosen it up and seawater would happily goes into my eyes and nose and few minutes gone for struggling like a drowning victim. Amazed at the underwater creature and scenery. The corals or whatever plants are as large as an adult human. All the sufferings are worthwhile...

Straighten my body. Look up and forward. Three unknown human spotted this time.
"Who are you?"
He yelled, "Leng zai!!"
"......"
Till now I wonder who is this guy..mystery.

Swimming at such a deep sea area. Ocean is big. Keep kicking and splashing and I barely move an inch. (okay, it's a little hyperbole here.) Tiring.

Won't be surprised to be turning into a muscular man if stay there for few weeks. Let's see... Morning two eggs. Supplemented by fruit juice or fruit shake all the way to dinner. Forced to swim after being thrown to the sea. Not to miss the tiring kayak-ing. Feel the sensation of acidic secretion of my arms' muscle due to anaerobic process.